Face 2 Face Befriending is a peer support service offering families in Sussex support around the time of diagnosis or new challenges.
Initially the coordinator sets up a home visit and parents are then matched with a befriender. Face 2 Face can support parents flexibly for up to 6 months. This might range from weekly to less frequent visits or just keeping in touch via text and email.
For more information contact Debbie Collins email@example.com or on 07983 598711.
Face 2 Face support groups
As well as one to one support, Face 2 Face also runs groups in Brighton & Hove and East Sussex:
Brighton & Hove:
- dads group (monthly on the last Thursday of the month) – now also open to East Sussex dads!
- club for under 8s with autism or going through assessments (on the second Saturday of the month)
- breakfast club (once a month on varying days, normally meeting at Al Campo Lounge)
We also support a PRESENS (preschool special educational support service) group for under 5s every term-time Monday.
For more information or to get involved, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kids Squad for parent carers of children up to 10 years old
- Escape for parent carers of children aged 11+
Our Dads Group in Brighton is also open to dads and male carers in East Sussex.
For more information or to get involved, contact email@example.com.