Parent Carer Registration
Register as a parent carer with Amaze
Amaze wants to identify and register more parents and carers who live in Brighton & Hove, East or West Sussex who are caring for a child or young person up to 25, with a special educational need or disability that has a big effect on them every day. This usually means they are eligible for Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP), have an EHC plan, or are accessing services like CAMHS.
Registering as a parent carer with Amaze provides many benefits that you can choose from, including:
– Access to our bi-monthly newsletter – packed with information about local SEND services and support
– Details about relevant services and support in your local area
– Input to surveys or consultations about local SEND services, so you can influence and shape how these are developed or commissioned
It also means we can better understand the needs and profile of parent carers across Sussex, which Amaze will use in our lobbying and influencing work, including sharing this anonymously with the parent carer forums, local statutory agencies and our funders.
If your child’s disability has a big effect on them every day, you can also decide if you want to share your personal contact details with particular statutory agencies, for instance, at the moment for the specific purpose of being invited for a Covid-19 vaccination as an unpaid carer, or shortly with your GP to be added to their Carers’ Register.
Amaze also helps families who are at the start of their caring journey and have not yet accessed any support or services, or have a child with less complex needs and are receiving SEN Support from their school. Please see our information and advice pages here, or you can ring our Advice Line on 01273 772289 if you live in East Sussex or Brighton and Hove.Compass Card website.
If you need help to complete the registration form, or would rather be sent a paper form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message on 01273 234020, clearly stating your name and contact details.
If you care for an adult over 18 you might (also, or instead) opt to register with our partners:
- In East Sussex: Care for the Carers/ 01323 738 390 / email@example.com
- In West Sussex: Carers Support West Sussex
- In Brighton & Hove: The Carers Centre for Brighton and Hove. Register via Carers Hub or call 01273 977 000 for more information
At present, all carers’ organisations are receiving a large number of enquiries and working as swiftly as possible to register carers, so please be patient if you are waiting for a response.