New parent carer forum for East Sussex
East Sussex Parent Carer Forum (ESPCF) is the new forum for parent carers of children and young people (CYP) with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) in East Sussex. Local parent support groups iContact and ImPACT are working together to set up ESPCF to ensure that every parent carer in East Sussex feels that their voice, their views and their experiences matter and contribute towards developing and improving services.
- Reach out to parent carers to be involved. For example, the ESPCF will invite parents and carers of CYP with SEND across the county to join them in sharing their experiences and prioritising actions
- Represent parent carers’ experience and expertise to decision-makers. For example, Parents and carers will be offered training to attend key strategic meetings to ensure parent carers are involved in planning processes
- Make recommendations for service improvement. For example, position statements will be formed with parents’ views on key issues requiring action and ESCPF will monitor the response.
Amaze is providing administration, financial, IT and strategic support to ESPCF.
ESPCF is part of a network of over 150 Parent Carer Forums from across England who come together in the National Network of Parent Carers Forum (NNPCF). Parent Carer Forums are also supported by the national charity Contact https://contact.org.uk/get-involved/parent-carer-participation
ESPCF believes passionately in the strength of coming together to bring about change:
- For parent carers: please join ESPCF to get involved in raising awareness of children and young people’s needs, ensuring recognition of parent carers’ expertise and working together to improve services.
- For service providing organisations: please get in touch to discuss how you can work with ESPCF to strengthen support to local families.