Helpline holiday – getting advice, information and support over Christmas
The Amaze SENDIASS helpline will close for Christmas and New Year on Monday 21 December at 2.30pm and re-open on Monday 4 January at 9.30am.
You can still send us a message and we will pick this up on 4 January but it may take us a few days to reply: email@example.com or 01273 772289.
Other sources of advice and information
The following organisations may also be able to offer you advice and information over Christmas:
- Family Lives is a free and confidential parent focused helpline. Call free on 0808 800 2222 or click here
- Contact is a national charity for families with disabled children: 0808 808 3555 or click here
- Sussex Mental Health Linecall 0800 0309 500 or click here
Concerns about a child at risk
- Brighton and Hove: Front Door for Families. Click here or call: 01273 290400 or the out of hours Emergency Duty Service 01273 335905 or 01273 335906.
- East Sussex: Single Point of Access (SPOA) or click here or call 01323 464222 or the out of hours Emergency Duty Service 01273 335905 or 01273 335906.
- West Sussex: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org – please include your address and phone number – or call: 01403 229900.
Access to adult social care
- Brighton & Hove City Council Social Care Access Point: 01273 295555. If you call at weekends or during holidays your call will be dealt with by the council’s Out of Hours Service.
- For East Sussex Adult Social Care call 0345 60 80 191, 8am to 8pm or click here
- For West Sussex Adult Social Care, call: 01243 642121 or email email@example.com or click here
Covid-19 help and support
If you are feeling unwell or self-isolating due to Covid-19 and you need some extra support over the Christmas and New Year holiday visit the following council web pages:
- Brighton & Hove: Covid Brighton & Hove: a coronavirus help directory
- East Sussex: Coronavirus (COVID-19) – help and support – East Sussex County Council
- West Sussex: Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice and information – West Sussex County Council