Helpline holiday – getting advice, information and support over Christmas
The Amaze SENDIASS helpline will close for Christmas and New Year on Thursday 23 December at 1pm and re-open on Tuesday 4 January at 9.30am.
You can still send us a message and we will pick this up on 4 January but it may take us a few days to reply: email@example.com or 01273 772289.
Other sources of advice and information
The following organisations may also be able to offer you advice and information over Christmas:
- Family Lives is a free and confidential parent focused helpline. Call free on 0808 800 2222 or click here
- Contact is a national charity for families with disabled children: 0808 808 3555 or click here
- Sussex Mental Health Linecall 0800 0309 500 or click here
Concerns about a child at risk
- Brighton and Hove: Front Door for Families. Click here or call: 01273 290400 or the out of hours Emergency Duty Service 01273 335905 or 01273 335906.
- East Sussex: Single Point of Access (SPOA) or click here or call 01323 464222 or the out of hours Emergency Duty Service 01273 335905 or 01273 335906.
- West Sussex: Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub. Click here or call 01403 229900 or the out of hours Emergency Duty Team 033 022 26664. If the Emergency Duty Team line is unavailable and you need to report an emergency safeguarding concern, please call 07711 769657. This number does not accept texts.
Access to adult social care
- Brighton & Hove City Council Social Care Access Point: 01273 295555. If you call at weekends or during holidays your call will be dealt with by the council’s Out of Hours Service.
- For East Sussex Adult Social Care call 0345 60 80 191, 8am to 8pm or click here
- For West Sussex Adult Social Care, call: 01243 642121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here
Covid-19 help and support
If you are feeling unwell or self-isolating due to Covid-19 and you need some extra support over the Christmas and New Year holiday visit the following council web pages:
- Brighton & Hove: Covid Brighton & Hove: a coronavirus help directory
- East Sussex: Coronavirus (COVID-19) – help and support – East Sussex County Council
- West Sussex: Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice and information – West Sussex County Council