Amaze services now offering online support
Due to the recent Covid-19 pandemic, we’ve had to be creative with how we can continue to provide our support services during this time, that’s why we’re now offering online sessions with our various projects. Take a look below to see if you’d like to get involved in any of the sessions.
Amaze online support sessions
- Breakfast club for parent carers – email email@example.com to join. The group meets regularly for a morning catch up and has recently introduced a theme to help focus the meeting. The next meeting is on Friday 10 July at 10am, followed by Thursdays 23 July and 6 August.
- Dad’s group – email Darren Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org to join. The group meets on a Thursday evening at 8pm – Contact Darren to find out when the next meeting is.
- ASC group – email email@example.com to join. This group is for parents of children under 8 with ASC and will be meeting on Tuesday 14 July at 8pm.
Our Face2Face groups are tailored around parents’ needs, interests and availability, so session timings and content are planned in partnership with parents. The Face2Face Zoom sessions will continue throughout the summer holidays too! If you’d like to get involved in the sessions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amazing Futures Brighton & Hove
The Amazing Futures Brighton & Hove young people’s peer support project is holding regular small Zoom groups as a way of staying in touch over lockdown. There are different groups that you can join: young women’s group, young men’s group, a mixed group and a weekly art club.
Any young person living in Brighton & Hove aged 14-25 years with additional needs who is interested in joining any of these Zoom Groups, please contact email@example.com or ring or text Sue on 07483111648.
Amazing Futures East Sussex
The East Sussex Amazing Futures peer support project is holding small groups outdoors this summer, as well as weekly Zoom meetings. View our East Sussex Amazing Futures summer 2020 timetable here.
We have a WhatsApp group for the young people on the project to chat and share pictures if they would like to. There’s also ‘Amazine‘, a monthly e-zine that young people can contribute to and help design.
Any young person who wants to get involved can email Claire at firstname.lastname@example.org or call or text on 07484915038.
Amaze/PaCC monthly coffee mornings
Monthly coffee mornings, a safe and welcoming space for parent carers who live in Brighton & Hove, are taking place over Zoom.
- 2nd Tuesday of the month – Moulsecoomb and Bevendean coffee morning
- 3rd Tuesday of the month – Hangleton & Knoll monthly coffee morning
- Last Thursday of the month – Whitehawk coffee morning
The Amaze SENDIASS team is running online, themed sessions over the summer, and the next one is ‘Summer Survival Strategies’ on Tuesday 21 July from 1.30-2.30pm. Hosted by Ros and Sav, the session is a good opportunity to share and learn tips from other parent carers.
To book to attend this session please email SENDIASS@amazesussex.org.uk and we will send you details of how to join the Zoom meeting.